Director of Operations
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the development of our artists. Our mission is to empower talent and artist independence at every level of artist, globally. We aim to become the much improved modern alternative to the major label.
- You have a ‘just do it’ attitude and embrace the new!
- You have outstanding communication and delegation skills.
- You are confident in leading and directing new strategies
- You are able to inspire and motivate others to do their best work
- You are both creative and persevering
Liberty Music PR is a company of results-driven, innovators. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the campaigns and projects we create to the new relationships we launch and grow with labels, management agencies and brands. You’ll find it across our company; from providing short term single campaigns to entire artist development. Liberty Music PR embraces invention and progressive thinking. Liberty Music PR is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated people thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every project or campaign created artist demand at Liberty Music is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our highest tier service running smoothly, we’re currently growing our Operations team.
You’ll design, develop and implement solutions that will help our operations sustain fast growth and build the best operational agency in the world.
The task at hand (AKA the role & responsibilities)
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Help to lead and win new business pitches
- Manage the A&R sales team to ensure monthly targets are being met, and the team is operating effectively.
- Ensure company-wide revenue and repeat business target is met each month and plans are implemented for future growth with Founders
- Ensure company profitability is maintained each month.
- Review and optimize the work all teams produce while making sure they are developing as creative problem solvers.
- Mentoring team leads (ACD’s and creative leads)
- Providing high-level concept guidance and approvals
- Working with founders on internal team relationships and processes
- Working with founders to properly get projects and process off the ground
- Assist in developing company-wide creative processes including ideation workshops, emerging technology, and social opportunities, and innovating on campaign work
- Always give constructive feedback.
- Support founders and recruiter in hiring and staffing plans
- Ensure career progression paths are in place for team members
- Ensuring Liberty Music’s ‘media partner’ network is growing each month
- Support founders in approving and conducting performance reviews
- Attend and provide leadership in the high priority project brief and kick-off sessions
- Managing both stress and positivity throughout the team
The ideal candidate looks like this:
- Solid management experience leading large teams
- Gain client confidence as a leader who can manage work while successfully interpreting their brands
- Ensure that work is outstanding creatively and meets all of Liberty’s brand objectives, while providing clear support and communication to the team on all current initiatives.
- Be flexible with and open to new processes, platform changes, and emerging technologies
- Manage your stress. Always be a positive influence on the floor and with your team
- Be adaptable, understanding and enforcing that a big idea can come from anywhere
- Have an equal understanding of, and passion for, content and campaign, and foster that attitude among your team. Neither is more important than the other!
- Communicate well. Manage up to founders and leadership, and down to your team
- Be solution-oriented for any issues you may experience
- Stay up to date on emerging tech and the industry
- Have a strong creative vision and understanding of client/ agency business needs and objectives.
- Be able to recognize the distinction between good and great work.
- Have a strong understanding of brand in different spaces.
- You have experience with both new technology and digital platforms
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy environment
- You want to build a new office and team from the ground up
- You want to have an impact and feel passionate about the work that you do
- You are driven and hungry for success, and always want to learn more
- You are a team player and enjoy collaboration
- You possess a University degree or entrepreneurial creds and 7-10 years of experience working within the social/digital and agency space
- You have experience leading and managing growing teams of at least 10 people