Playlisting Intern – 3 Months
Aiming at securing full-time role straight after once complete.
Liberty Music PR is a digital Music PR agency that focuses on storytelling across platforms. Last year we opened our first flagship office in Brighton to service artists in the U.K, U.S and beyond. At Liberty we thrive on our vibrant culture and our artist and team first attitude. So were looking for smart, innovative, and thoughtful individuals to build our music PR team.
At Liberty Music, we build and execute sophisticated digital campaigns that drive real results for new emerging and breakthrough artists around the world. We only work with artists that we LOVE and strive to build campaigns that are both impactful and authentic.
We believe in helping artists connect fans based on the year we live in, which means that in early 2017 we launched our digital play listing pitching service as an alternative to radio.
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy environment
- You want to have an impact and feel passionate about working with artists and their teams
- You are a real self starter and have the ability to demonstrate persistence and patience in abundance.
- You are driven and hungry for success, and always want to learn more
- You are a team player and enjoy collaboration
- You show leadership potential and have a desire to lead an elite team
- You have great communication skills
- You have strong creative pitch writing skills
- You have Strong grammar and punctuation and high attention to detail
- You can use basic Google sheets and docs
- You have a wide musical range and taste – also an understanding of what the musical tastemakers will like
- You understand how music is released
- You are up to date with current music trends and movements
Core responsibilities and abilities include:
- Ability to manage multiple relationships with playlist curators, labels, managers and artists.
- Submit music to portals.
- Build creative and concise pitches.
- Devise effective communication strategies that drive the best possible results
- Ability to think creatively, authentically and deploy patience when gaining the attention of top tier curators
- (Music PR is incredibly tough (yet so rewarding), especially when pitching brand new artists to music editors).
- Ability to build an accurate database, working in a team with data miners and press team
- Client management – updating clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns in progress.
- Maintain clear communication with management, record labels and ensure you are 100% transparent and have ability to manage expectations.
- Produce weekly/bi-weekly reports for clients.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Understanding of the music media landscape globally but with a keen focus on the UK and US
- Understanding new promotional strategies to enhance an artist’s campaign
The role is flexible, would suit someone who is happy to work from home or in our co-working flagship office in Brighton.